Our planet’s resources are finite. We need to re-use limited resources whenever possible; and recycle at every opportunity. It’s particularly the case when considering disposal of waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE), one of the fastest growing waste streams.
- Our environmentally-friendly disposal and recycling service offers a convenient solution for disposal of redundant systems, components or items of IT equipment being upgraded or replaced.
- Participation offers the potential of financial benefits to your bottom line.
- Our recycling facility is accredited by the Scottish Environmental Protection Agency. As you’d expect, it’s a WEEE Approved Authorised Treatment Facility (AATF).
- Secure proprietary data destruction, reclamation of materials; and refurbishment of equipment to extend its useful life (when possible).
- Make a quick decision about disposal. It’s in your interest. The longer redundant equipment is left sitting around, the lower the financial return. The benefits brought to prospective new owners will be reduced too.
Questions of security
GDPR obligations and IT Asset disposal processes can be a major area of weakness for business enterprises. There is a duty of care to protect employee and client information under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Our data destruction service provides all parties involved with peace of mind:
- Proprietary information is protected throughout the IT disposal process we offer. Avoid embarrassment and ensure data does not fall into the wrong hands, which can result in prosecution and damage to reputation.
- We offer a range of bespoke options to meet your specific requirements.
- Where policy forbids hard disk removal, on-site computer disposal and disk destruction is arranged.
- A full serial number report and certificate of disk destruction is provided prior to removal of any chassis for re-sale or recycling.
Accreditation & documentation
Compliant with government Communications-Electronics Security Group (CESG) IAS5 standard. Staff are vetted in accordance with BS7858.
- Service engineers are Tabernus trained to implement enhanced data sanitisation.
- Vehicles have GPS tracking and vetted logistics staff.
- All data is destroyed, software wiped, and degaussing and crushing conducted, to UK Government and US DOD standards.
- Serial number data destruction reports are provided
- Data on hard drives is destroyed via either degaussing to CESG standards or crushing.
- Full asset lists of all equipment destroyed can be supplied, including make, model, serial numbers and asset numbers.
- Certificates of destruction, with full serial number reports available on request.
Our recycling services are fully secure and auditable
- Complete a simple on-line form, allowing us to audit the unwanted inventory, and discover its suitability for refurbishment and reuse.
- We arrange to value, purchase and collect redundant IT equipment
- The principal of our buy back offering is simple: Asset Value – Service Costs = +/- Financial Rebate.
- Proceeds will be posted as a credit onto your account, which can then be offset against future purchases from us.
If the assets do not have sufficient value to generate a financial return, any value in the equipment may be used to offset data destruction and WEEE recycling charges.
Contact us, or call your account manager to obtain a quote
Secure Onsite HDD and Data Storage Destruction & Sanitisation
The Change Organisation have provided an IT disposal and recycling service for many years, offering a convenient solution for disposal of redundant systems, components or items of IT equipment being upgraded or replaced.
Due to recent changes in legislation in Public Sector and an increasing demand from security conscious commercial organisations, we have now expanded this service to cover instances when data erasure and destruction needs to occur on site.
Our asset disposal partner provides On Site Data Erasure/Destruction Services delivered in UK&I & EMEA region meeting BS EN15713, SOX, HMG IAS5, PCI-DSS, FSA Principal 3, HMG Security Policy Framework & a number of Defence & Security accreditations.
- On-Site Data Destruction – Shredding & Disintegration of HDD/Data Tapes/CD/Flash etc – 20mm, 6mm & 3mm Particles
- On Site Data Erasure – 1,3 and 7 Wipe Sanitisation using Tabernus CESG approved software. – Server, SAN, LUN base solutions
- On Site NSA Approved Higher Level Degaussing
- On Site Auditing, Exception Reporting and Media Discovery
- Datacentre Decommissioning & Relocation Services
- Secure Logistics & Secure & Timed Moves
- Secure IT Disposal and Value Recovery
- Government & Police Approved Secure UK Storage Facility
- Secure Media Bins