Computer & WEEE recycling services - Including On-site Services
Our planet’s resources are finite. We need to re-use limited resources whenever possible; and recycle at every opportunity. It’s particularly the case when considering disposal of waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE), one of the fastest growing waste streams.
Why support us?
- Our environmentally-friendly disposal and recycling service offers a convenient solution for disposal of redundant systems, components or items of IT equipment being upgraded or replaced.
- Participation offers the potential of financial benefits to your bottom line.
- Our recycling facility is accredited by the Scottish Environmental Protection Agency. As you’d expect, it’s a WEEE Approved Authorised Treatment Facility (AATF).
- Secure proprietary data destruction, reclamation of materials; and refurbishment of equipment to extend its useful life (when possible).
- Make a quick decision about disposal. It’s in your interest. The longer redundant equipment is left sitting around, the lower the financial return. The benefits brought to prospective new owners will be reduced too.
Questions of security
Data protection obligations and IT Asset disposal processes can be a major area of weakness for business enterprises. There is a duty of care to protect employee and client information under the 1998 Data Protection Act. Our data destruction service provides all parties involved with peace of mind:
- Proprietary information is protected throughout the IT disposal process we offer. Avoid embarrassment and ensure data does not fall into the wrong hands, which can result in prosecution and damage to reputation.
- We offer a range of bespoke options to meet your specific requirements.
- Where policy forbids hard disk removal, on-site computer disposal and disk destruction is arranged.
- A full serial number report and certificate of disk destruction is provided prior to removal of any chassis for re-sale or recycling.
Accreditation & documentation
Compliant with government Communications-Electronics Security Group (CESG) IAS5 standard. Staff are vetted in accordance with BS7858. Operational and physical processes have been externally audited and accredited to Distinction level by the UK Asset Disposal and Information Security Alliance (ADISA):
- Service engineers are Tabernus trained to implement enhanced data sanitisation.
- Vehicles have GPS tracking and vetted logistics staff.
- All data is destroyed, software wiped, and degaussing and crushing conducted, to UK Government and US DOD standards.
- Serial number data destruction reports are provided
Our recycling services are fully secure and auditable:
- Data on hard drives is destroyed via either degaussing to CESG standards or crushing.
- Full asset lists of all equipment destroyed can be supplied, including make, model, serial numbers and asset numbers.
- Certificates of destruction, with full serial number reports available on request.
Prospect of reward
In 90% of cases, equipment between 3 and 5 years old can realise a financial return. That’s why we hope you’ll support our campaign to refurbish and resell as much as possible old or unwanted IT equipment; and only recycle when there’s no alternative. Here’s how it works:
- Complete a simple on-line form, allowing us to audit the unwanted inventory, and discover its suitability for refurbishment and reuse.
- We arrange to value, purchase and collect redundant IT equipment
- The principal of our buy back offering is simple: Asset Value - Service Costs = +/- Financial Rebate.
- Proceeds will be posted as a credit onto your account, which can then be offset against future purchases from us.
If the assets do not have sufficient value to generate a financial return, any value in the equipment may be used to offset data destruction and WEEE recycling charges.
Contact us*, or call your account manager to obtain a quote